Over the years the customer range has varied almost as much as the city of Melbourne.
City Hatters has served the old and the young, the titled and
City Hatters began trading as a hat
Originally it was the station master’s office when Flinders Street station was built and after
HB’s acquired Buzolich’s in 1927. Wallace, Buck (of Henry Bucks fame) & Goodes were major suppliers and Henry Buck himself acquired the business after a friendly exchange of assets and debts and have owned and managed the store ever since.
In 1934 Bill Littlehales became the manager and buyer and worked there for over 50 years and was one of the last of the legendary great hatters, retiring finally in 1990.
Our welcoming, knowledgeable and competent staff