Christys' Luxury Melusine Fur Top Hat
Product Code: 76AW220034
The conventional headwear of the British gentleman, the top hat's populatity flourished in the 1930’s when Fred Astaire, Gary Cooper, Marlene Dietrich and others bought it back into favour with new motion pictures.
Christys' Fur Melusine is the finest form of this iconic hat, ideal for all formal occasions including Royal Ascot,
Made from a melusine hood; a prestigious fur hat body made from 100% fur, from true by-products, using the longer fur fibers creating a luxurious appearance - highly polished to give an elegant sheen replicating the silk Top Hats of old.
This hat has white satin lining printed with the Christy's Coat of Arms logo.
Hat Body: 70% Hares Fur, 20% Wild Fur & 10% Rabbit Fur
Sweatband: 100% Leather
|50mm, Curled, Ribbon Edged.
Please Note: all purchases for this style are final.
We strongly recommend visting us in store for a personalised fitting of this style.
Please call ahead to ensure stock is available.
Follow these steps to discover the best fit for you.
1. Hold the end of flexible tape-measure (the end showing 0cm) to the centre of your forehead, approximately 2cm above your brow line.
2. Wrap the tape backwards around your head, making sure that it is wound straight and level and sits about 1cm above the ear.
*There is a bump on the back of the head. Ensure that the tape sits on this bump for the most accurate measurement
3. Bring tape back to your forehead (maintaining 1cm height above the opposite ear) and taking note of cm measurement where the tapes meet.
Use this centimetre measurement to determine correct size according to sizing charts.
- It is recommended that half-cm measurements step up to the next whole size i.e. 59.5cm would choose a size 60cm
- Hat makers often follow different sizing metrics, so please refer to individual brand sizing charts for accurate conversion.
We strive to get orders dispatched within 7 business days depending on stock location. All orders sent via Australian Post. Standard deliveries to metro areas take between 5-10 days and regional areas between 1-3 days.